We all want to start our day looking fresh and youthful. Dark eye circles can make one look tired, paler, unhealthy and older. Waking up to find dark, bluish circles under your eyes can be a very disheartening experience. Here are some common causes for their emergence and ways to prevent and help reduce their appearance.
What are some common causes of Dark Eye Circles?
There are many possible explanation but the most common determinants include:
• Hereditary reasons
• Vitamin deficiency, especially vitamin K and vitamin B
• Insufficient amount of sleep
• Dry skin
How can Dark Eye Circles be Minimized?
Here are some ways to prevent or minimize the unsightly raccoon-like appearance by getting to the source of the problem:
• Get your beauty rest. Most adults need an average of eight hours a day.
• Maintain a healthy diet, and drink lots of fluids. Try to eat the recommended servings of fruits and vegetables a day, especially green leafy vegetables.
• Treat any allergies and nasal congestion problems. They can often cause swelling under the eyes.
• Quit smoking. Smoking causes blood vessel inflammation, resulting in blood vessels under the eyes that are dark and swollen.
You may also want to try some tried and tested at home remedies. Here is a list of just a few:
• Cucumber peel is an excellent antidote for under eye swelling and a good skin moisturizer. Put to slices of cucumber on your eyes and leave them on for 10 to 15 minutes before removing.
• Place cold, cooked tea bags under your eyes for about fifteen minutes
• Apply potato peels to your eyes. Keep them on for 30 minutes while lying on your back.
You may prefer choosing to use the standard methods by buying a quality under-eye concealer or an over the counter cream. When choosing a cream, look for one that has vitamin K and retinol, which help for under eye puffiness. In extreme cases, there is also an option for cosmetic surgery.
You need not suffer from swelling or discoloration under the eyes. Whether you choose a natural method, an at home remedy or surgery, there are many ways to help minimize their appearance and improve the quality of your life.Read More